The following steps must be taken to integrate Virtuoso with Okta.
1. Start by enabling SAML authentication in Virtuoso by going to
Organization settings and activating
Enable SAML integration
Keep this window open since
Entity ID and
IDP redirect URL are going to be necessary to configure Okta.
2. Access your Okta tenant as an administrator
3. In the Admin Console, navigate to
Create App Integration
6. Give the application a meaningful name like
Virtuoso and click on the
8. Provide the necessary information:
- Copy Virtuoso
Idp redirect URLand
Entity Idto the
Single sign on URLand
Audience URI (SP Entity ID).
Name ID formatto
I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app
This is an internal app that we have created
12. Click on
13. Download the metadata by clicking
Identity Provider metadata link
14. Upload into Virtuoso the metadata file
Save and you're done!
Don't forget to assign users to the Okta application.